The Rhinebeck Fire Department along with other local departments will be participating in a Memorial Convoy tomorrow. We will be picking up the convoy in Milan heading west on Rt199 to Red Hook then south on Rt9 through the village of Rhinebeck. The approximate time for Red Hook will be 3 PM and the approximate time for Rhinebeck will be 3:15pm.￼ Anyone wishing to see the convoy may find any spot along the route. Please follow social distancing guide lines.
On Monday, May 25th, after laying wreaths at the Dutchess County War Memorial, the Memorial Day Convoy will depart at 11 am escorted by Dutchess County Sheriff’s vehicles that will be decorated by Leah Eddington, a local artist. City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department vehicles will join as the Memorial Day Convoy travels down Main Street, taking Route 9 south.
- Main Street in Poughkeepsie to Route 9,
- Travel south down Route 9 From Poughkeepsie to Route 9D (left just past Shoppes at South Hills)
- Rt. 9D/East Main Street back out to Route 9 (at Dairy Queen) to continue south through Wappinger/Fishkill,
- Take Route 52 to East Fishkill,
- Follow Route 82 from Fishkill to East Fishkill taking 376 into Hopewell Junction,
- Beekman road from Hopewell Junction to Beekman,
- Route 55 out to Pawling
- Route 22/343/44 to from Pawling through Dover/Amenia and up to Millerton,
- Route 199 to Pine Plains and Milan to Red Hook, and finally;
- Route 9 back down to Poughkeepsie, coming through Rhinebeck and Hyde Park.
Together we will honor our men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Stay safe and healthy.