The Get Fit challenge kickoff party moves indoors Saturday due to rain
The forecasted rain won’t stop Get Fit Hudson Valley. The six-week fitness challenge Kickoff Party from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 13, will head indoors at select fitness locations, where exercise activities will be free and open to the public.
The previously planned kickoff for Upper Landing Park will not take place Saturday due to weather.
The challenge is organized by the Hudson Valley’s nonprofit healthcare network, Health Quest, with more than 80 participating locations where people can exercise from May 13 to June 24 for the chance to win prizes.
During the kickoff, a limited number of Get Fit locations will offer no-cost, one-hour group fitness classes for people who have signed up to take the challenge. Some classes require advanced reservations.
Our Get Fit team will give out “The Hudson Valley is my Gym” T-shirts and water bottles while supplies last to kickoff class participants.
The schedule of kickoff day activities is:
– 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., CrossFit, a medley of strength-building movements at high intensity, by CrossFit OSA, 919 Route 52, Carmel. Advanced registration is required via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., sign up for a seven-day free pass to Mike Arteaga’s Health and Fitness Centers at 234 North Road, Poughkeepsie or 3425 Route 9W, Highland. A proof of identification is required. Limited to 25 per site.
– 11 a.m. to noon, Resistance Training at ECS Exercise, 10 Dorn Road, LaGrangeville. The class offers low-impact strength training with resistance bands and other equipment to strengthen your core. Stay until 4 p.m. and train at the center for free.
– 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., take the SH’BAM cardio dance class at Gold’s Gym, 258 Titusville Road, Poughkeepsie. Waivers for guests are required.
– 12:15 to 1 p.m., Pound by Crunch, 2 Neptune Road, Poughkeepsie, offers cardio interval training with a serious fun factor — instead of weights, you use drumsticks. Limited to the first 50 participants.
To participate in Get Fit, simply exercise for 30 minutes at one of the 80-plus participating locations and then enter your fitness activity at getfithv.com. All types of physical activity count! The more entries submitted, the better the chance to win fun prizes. Learn more and sign up at getfithv.com!