Rhinebeck Village Informational Notice Issued Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Village of Rhinebeck Voters
1. The annual Village election will take place on Tuesday, March 21, 2017
2. The Village election will take place at the Rhinebeck Town Hall, 80 East
Market Street, Rhinebeck, NY as the Town Hall is handicapped accessible.
3. Voting will take place from noon to 9:00 p.m.
4. Village registered voters will be voting for Four candidates: One (1) Mayor with a
two year term, Two (2) Trustees with two year terms, and One (1) Village Justice
with a four year term
5. The following candidates are running for office:
Mayor (2 year term) – Gary Bassett, 6 Somers Drive, Rhinebeck
Mayor (2 year term) – Heath J. Tortarella, 4 Crowell Avenue, Rhinebeck
Trustee (2 year term) – Gina Fox, 9 Manor Road, Rhinebeck
Trustee (2 year term) – Howard L. Traudt, 63 Violet Place, Rhinebeck
Trustee (2 year term) – Richard Lewit, 39 Lorraine Drive, Rhinebeck
Trustee (2 year term) – Sarah H. Burke, 32 Livingston Street, Rhinebeck
Justice (2 year term) – William Sanchez, 68 Violet Place, Rhinebeck
6. Absentee Ballots are available at the Village Office, 76 East Market Street,
Rhinebeck, NY. Applications can be requested at the Village Office or by phone
876-7015. These applications must be returned to the Village Office by March 14,
2017 if the ballots have to be mailed or by March 20, 2017 if the ballots can be
personally delivered to the Village Office.
7. There is no longer a Village registration day. All voters for the Village election must
be registered with Dutchess County Board of Elections at the correct address in the
Village by March 10, 2017.
Patricia D. Coon, RMC