Town of Rhinebeck
Position: Playground Camp Counselor
Must be over 16.
7 week program. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Under the direction and supervision of the Playground Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director, is responsible for supervision of children in the Playground Camp Program.
• Attends camp training prior to working at camp.
• Has knowledge of and complies with the NYS Health Department Regulations of summer day camps.
• Any problems, safety concerns or issues should be brought to the Camp Director’s or the Recreation Director’s attention immediately.
• Ability to inspire confidence and enthusiasm in the participants.
• Leads age appropriate games, activities and events throughout the camp program.
• Assures the cleanliness of the Rec. grounds used by the program at the beginning and close of each day. This includes garbage removal, lost and found collection, and maintenance of supplies.
• Completes all paper work promptly, this includes payroll, attendance, incident/accident report forms, etc.
• Uses only positive forms of discipline when dealing with a child. Redirection, removal from situation, speaking to parents, etc. (no yelling, spanking, or carpal punishment.)
• Maintains a good relationship with parents, children and staff while firmly enforcing facility rules and regulations.
• Clearance of all NYS Health Dept. Regulation background checks
• Communicate personal needs which would affect performance at the Rec. Park immediately to direct supervisor.
• Maintain personal conduct and activities, on and off rec. park premises within the parameters of the law.
Education and Experience
• NYS Health Department Regulations must be 16 years old. Prior experience working with children preferred. American Red Cross First Aid and CPR preferred
For More Info Please Contact
Rhonda Sabo Hammond at: firstname.lastname@example.org