Dutchess County, NY Update as of 9:50am 10/30/12
Updated as of 9:50am 10/30/12
Central Hudson is providing dry ice at the following locations on Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012:
– Fishkill Home Depot at the Dutchess Mall, 450 Route 9, Fishill NY 12524 11 a.m. through 6 p.m.
– Poughkeepsie Home Depot, 3470 North Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 (across from Marist College) 12 noon through 6 p.m.
- Dutchess County Government phone lines are currently down. County offices will be open today (Tuesday, 10/30)
- Dutchess County 911 has handled nearly 1,000 calls in the past twenty four hours. Call volume peaked between 7pm and 9pm on Monday, 10/29/2012.
- Dutchess County Public Works crews have working to clear downed trees from county roadways. There are reports of downed trees and power lines throughout the county. Drivers are urged to use caution and plan for extra travel time. If possible, remain off the roads to allow crews to work.
- Major flooding along the Hudson River, some areas beginning to recede.
- LOOP bus service (including Dial-A-Ride) is currently running normal routes. RailLink service remains cancelled due to MetroNorth service suspension.
- Dutchess County Department of Motor Vehicles office in Beacon and Pawling closed (Tuesday, 10/30). DMV offices in Poughkeepsie and Wappinger are currently scheduled to be open.
- Dutchess County Aging Services Senior Friendship Centers closed today (Tuesday, 10/30) and there will be no Home Delivered Meals. Extra meals were delivered to clients.
- American Red Cross has two shelter locations open:
– Red Hook High School located at 103 Market Street in Red Hook. Four people utilized the Red Hook shelter overnight.
– Beacon High School located at 101 Matteawan Road in Beacon. One person utilized the Beacon shelter overnight.
For more information about ARC shelters, residents can call the American Red Cross at 1-800- RED CROSS.
- Town of Hyde Park has rescinded its State of Emergency and travel restriction order.
- The Inclement Weather Policy is in effect for Tuesday, October 30, 2012. The Inclement Weather Policy will be in effect until 11 a.m., only for those Dutchess County employees who report to work on Tuesday, October 30, 2012, by at least 1 p.m. For more information click HERE.
- News Release Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 at 2pm – Dutchess County Emergency Operations Center Update
News Release Oct. 26, 2012 – Dutchess County Readies for Hurricane Sandy