Plant Swap – Saturday, 5/12, 9:30am @ the Tivoli Free Library
A Plant Swap, hosted by the Tivoli Free Library will be held, rain or shine, in the parking lot between the Library and the Fire Co. Come with your plants and garden tools for swapping! Registration is from 9:30-10:00. Swap ‘til you drop from 10:15-11:15. We’ll be trading a plant for a plant or a garden tool for a garden tool. This event is free and open to the public.
Tips & information for first time plant swappers:
(Courtesy of Laura Wilson, creator of Hudson Valley Garden Calendar (www.HVGardenCalendar.com)
• What are plant swaps? Plant swaps are a fun way to get rid of any extra plants you may have (perennial divisions, extra seedlings, pack annuals, unwanted houseplants, etc.) by trading with other gardeners!
• Plants should be in a container
• Label plants as well as possible (annual/perennial, size, sun/shade, bloom color, etc.)
• Bring flats or trays to transport your new plants home
• Plants should be well watered, pest and disease free
• Dig plants a few days in advance so they can recover, and water well!
The Tivoli Free Library is located in the historic Watts dePeyster Hall at 86 Broadway in the Village of Tivoli, NY. Handicap access available at the rear of the building. Hours: Mon-Fri 10-7, Sat 10-2. For more information about events, please call 845-757-3771, visit www.tivolilibrary.org or e-mail the Youth Program Coordinator, Julie Carino, at firstname.lastname@example.org.