Celebrate Spring! Picking and Caring for the Right Tree for Your Home and Our Community”
Thursday, March 31st, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Downstairs at the Starr Library, 68 West Market St, Rhinebeck.
“Celebrate Spring! Picking and Caring for the Right Tree for Your Home and Our Community” Members of the Rhinebeck Village Tree Commission will discuss: how to select the right tree (based on soil, light, space and location); how to plant and maintain your tree; and how to honor someone special with the gift of a tree to Rhinebeck Village.
Please pre-register by March 29th, call (845) 876-4030.
- How to select the right tree for your home
- The right tree for the right space — considering the soil, light, space and location
- Different trees for different spaces — pictures and descriptions of beautiful trees perfect for your space
- How to care for your tree
- Regular care — watering and pruning, getting a pruning permit
- Managing pests and diseases
- Memorial trees
- A new program sponsored by the Village of Rhinebeck to honor or remember someone special with a gift of a tree to the village
- Rhinebeck Village Tree Commission members: Nicholas Doyle, a certified arborist and professional pruner; Meg Crawford, owner of Twin Ponds Nursery, and head of the Wilderstein Gardens; and Cicely Frazier, Master Gardener.