Free admission to a dozen presentations and activities that explore the physiology and mechanics of sports. Discover how science, technology, and engineering explain – and make possible – the games we love to play.
PLUS Soccer and Dodgeball Tournament for all ages K – 12 — and adults!
Activity stations include:
- Dance and the Art of Angular Momentum
- Bringing the Heat: Major League Science Behind Major League Fastballs
- Run, Jump, Throw: Anatomy and Physiology of Movement
- “Slowmentum” Bike Race
- Gravity-Free Zone: Rock Climbing for All
- Pumping Iron (And Plasma): The Heart of Sports
- May the Force Be With You: Explore Centripetal Force and Center of Mass
- Getting Loud. Measuring Decibels with the Vuvuzela
- The Science of Four Square
- Kung Fu Physics
- More than a Scratch – Sports Injuries & Rehab Science
All Registrants Eligible for Grand Prize Drawing of Apple ipad!