JANUARY 25, 2010 TOWN OF RHINEBECK TOWN BOARD AGENDA
Recreation, Rhinecliff Advisory and Community Center Visioning Center Committees all looking for new members Contact Town Clerk’s Office.
- Hire Robert Ackert, Leroy Carley, Kevin Espie, Ed Link, Raymond Naile, Eva Steward, and Dave Van Wagner at $11.00 per hour as wingmen at highway department for winter season.
- Authorize Supervisor to sign Richard R. Cain, Inc contract as operator at Vanderburgh Cove Sewer from 2/1/2010-12/31/2010.
WHEREAS, on December 18, 2009, the Town of Rhinebeck on behalf of the Vanderburgh Cove Sewer District advertised for bids for Sewer Plant Operator, and
WHEREAS, two (2) bids were received in response to Notice of Bidders, and
WHEREAS, sealed bids for the Vanderburgh Cove Sewer District Operator were publicly opened and read aloud pursuant to General Municipal Law Section 103, and
WHEREAS, the Town Engineer, Morris Associates, P.S., L.L.C., has recommended that Richard R. Cain, Inc., located at 50 Scenic Drive, Hyde Park, New York 12538, is the lowest responsible bidder, now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, that the Town Board of the Town of Rhinebeck does hereby award the Vanderburgh Cove Sewer District Operator bid to Richard R.
Cain, Inc., for a cost not to exceed $10,725.00 ($975 per month) plus $80.00 per hour for other agreed upon services, be it, further
RESOLVED, that the Supervisor of the Town of Rhinebeck and he hereby is authorized to have the power to execute an agreement for the Vanderburgh Cove Sewer District Operator in substantially the same form as annexed hereto beginning on February 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010.
MOTION BY- SECONDED BY Councilman Joseph Gelb Councilwoman Gina Fox Councilman Dan Staley Councilman Bruce Washburn Supervisor Thomas Traudt
- Discussion of proposed local law regarding indemnity
- Starr Building, Stop & Shop and TLC tax certs settlements
- Art Display policy WHEREAS, in accordance with the Town of Rhinebeck Town Hall Use Policy adopted by resolution on February 11, 2008, the Town Board of the Town of Rhinebeck recognizes that the Town Hall is a community asset which should be available for various community activities and to benefit the quality of life in Rhinebeck; and WHEREAS, art is deemed to confer a public benefit; and WHEREAS, recognizing the value that artwork generally and local artists in particular bring to the community, the Town Board desires to permit local artists to showcase their work in the Town Hall; and NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Town Board of the Town of Rhinebeck hereby adopts the “Town of Rhinebeck Town Hall Art Display Policy” a copy of which is attached hereto; and be it further RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby authorizes local artists to display their artwork in accordance with the Town of Rhinebeck
- Approve January 11, 2010 minutes
- Aprrove Budget Transfers
- Approve Abstract 1
- NYSERDA Grant
- Appoint Andy Sheppard to Rhinecliff Advisory Committee, term to expire 7/31/10
- Set new fees in fee schedule chart for pre-application meeting for Planning Board applicants and planning consultant for multi-family, commercial developments greater than 2,500 s.f., mining or subdivision of more than 4 lots at $200.00. All others at $100.00 and $35 for new Zoning and Comp Plan books.
- Approve 2009 fiscal oversight audit by Sedore, not to exceed $20,000.
- Approve Chamber of Commerce AP 63 for $3,000 for Christmas lights.
- Kingston/Rhinecliff Ferry update and re-bidding of ramp.
- Approve following service contracts:
RDA Systems 2/20/10-1/2011
St. Francis Workplace 1/1/10-12/31/10 (drivers) 750.00
Bell Copiers 12/15/09-12/14/10 (Assessor office) 875.00
Business Automation Services 3/1/10-2/28/11 (TC) 980.00
Town Board agenda items to Town Clerk: deadline of Thursday at 3 pm prior to each meeting.