JUNE 9, 2008 REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
6:45 Open meeting
A Summer program aimed at providing services to families of our community in collaboration with the Dutchess County Sheriff and the Traffic Safety Board. Throughout each month of the summer, the Town of Rhinebeck will host a number of services including Child Passenger Safety Seat Installation, Child ID and other developing services. To be held at Thompson-Mazzarella Park, thus far services scheduled are as follow:
June 18th 9 am – 3 pm child safety seat installation
July 12th 3:30 – 7:30 pm Child identification program
August 3rd 12noon – 4 Child identification
Contact Town Clerk’s Office for more information.
Recreation Committee seeking new member, applications available in Town
June 13 Blood Drive at Town Hall from 2-8pm
June 30th at 7:30 in Town Hall – Thompson Mazzarella Park committee will
conduct a public information session
1. Stop & Shop Water & Sewer Works Corporation update.
2. Accept Sarah Rifenburgh’s letter of resignation from the Recreation
Committee. 3. Appoint Jason Grady to Recreation Committee, term to expire 12/31/09
4. Reinstate Bill Nieves as alternate to PANDA through 12/31/08
5. Authorizing Town Clerk to advertise for part time seasonal worker, $11/hour to mow trim and groom fields until September 08. Must be at least 18 years of age.
6. Appoint Melodye Moore as Vice Chairman of Planning Board through December 31, 2008.
7. Set Building Moratorium Extension, proposed local Law 2 of 2008, Public Hearing for June ?? .
8. Set Comprehensive Plan workshop session for ????
9. Hire Robbie Fitzpatrick as on-call laborer at $11.00 through September
10.Authorize purchase of portable PA system not to exceed $2,500 to facilitate town sponsored events.
11.Review and authorize purchase of projection screen not to exceed $1,200 for town sponsored events
12.Approve installation of 100 amp electrical service at Stone Church complex. Drop and panel will be between ballfields and extendable to soccer fields.
13.Adopt resolution to allow Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee to apply for
$40,000 Hudson River Estuary Grant: Cynthia Baer will explain. The Town Board of the Town of Rhinebeck, New York does hereby certify that the
following resolution was adopted at the June 9, 2008 Town Board meeting and that said resolution has not been altered, amended or revoked and is in full force and effect,
RESOLVED that The Town of Rhinebeck is hereby authorized and directed to file an application for funds from the Hudson River Estuary Program in accordance with the provisions of the Hudson River Estuary Management Act (ECL 11-0306) of the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation in an amount not to exceed $40,000, and upon approval of said request to enter into and execute a project agreement with the Hudson River Estuary program for such financial assistance tothe Town of Rhinebeck for Rhinecliff Waterfront Feasibility Study
14. Approve May 27, 2008 and June 4th Town Board meeting minutes.
15. Appoint Joan Winne as Deputy Tax Collector for remainder of 2008 at $525 for 7 months and increase tax collector pay from $4,500 to $5,025 (7 months at $75).
16. Change job classification for Bob Fitzpatrick to Maintenance Mechanic, pay rate will remain the same.
17. Authorize Town Supervisor to advertise for personnel assistant at $12 per