Town Meeting – Rhinebeck
RHINEBECK TOWN BOARD WORKSHOP MEETING
Call to Order: 6:45PM
Rhinebeck homeowners, renters and businesses that experienced property or income loss resulting from last month’s flooding may be eligible to receive federal financial assistance. To apply for assistance, please contact FEMA
at 1-800-621-3362 (TTY 1-800-462-7585) or register on-line at http://www.fema.gov
The town board is accepting applications from Rhinecliff residents interested in serving on the Hamlet Advisory Council. The terms of four members appointed last year are up at the end of July and the policy is for those members to re-apply along with other residents who wish to be considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
The Board of PANDA TV will hold a public strategic planning session in Rhinebeck town hall on Saturday, June 2nd, from 10 AM to 1PM. Anyone interested in helping to improve the operation and programs of our local community access cable station is invited to participate.
The Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee is sponsoring a waterfront Cleanup Day at the dock on Saturday, June 9th from 10am to 3 PM. Volunteers are needed to help mulch, weed, plant and paint. Please call 876-5738 for more information.
Also in Rhinecliff, the subcommittee planning the 3rd annual Rhinecliff Waterfront Day is seeking volunteers to help oversee the many activities for that day, Sunday, August 11. Interested residents should send an email to Rhonda Hammond at Ajhlive@aol.com
The Rhinebeck Community Pool at the Thompson-Mazzarella Park will have its opening celebration this Saturday, May 26th at 1pm.
Many thanks to the volunteer board of assessment review, a very patient public, and staff members Donna Van Voorhis, Joan Winne, and Jadeen Murray for successfully completing grievance day, once again under trying circumstances.
Many thanks as well to the Rhinebeck Webloes 2 Cub Scout Pack #28 for once again helping to plant the fabulous garden in front and around town hall.
Town Hall summer hours, 8am to 3pm will begin Monday, June 4 and continue through the months of June, July and August.
Town Hall, the transfer station and highway department will all be closed on Monday, May 28 in celebration of Memorial Day.
Rhinebeck’s annual observation of Memorial Day will begin at 9:15am with the Memorial Day Service in Rhinecliff followed by the town wide parade beginning in the Village at 10:30am.
1. Report on the new village-town web site
2. Report from the Thompson-Mazzarella Park committee and considering recommendation to begin the town planning process
3. Report from the Committee on Aging
4. Report on follow up to November’s Collaboration conference.
5. Considering the status of developing a parking law for the town, including, but not limited to Kalina Drive and Rhinecliff
6. Report on the status of the Thompson-Mazzarella Park basketball court re-paving project.
7. Report on closing the bid period for town hall renovation architectural services.
8. Considering Supervisor authority to recycle a 35 year old cub cadet tractor and the former floats at the town landing that reportedly have been stored at the Stone Church pole barn for 8 and 4 years respectively.
9. Considering the moratorium implications of the schedule announced at the prior town board meeting.
10. Providing 2007 season pool passes for all permanent town employees and officials and their immediate family members, as per last year.
11. Approving additional hires for summer 2007 pool lifeguards and camp counselors.
12. Approving regular check disbursement list.
13. Approving line item budget reallocations.