RHINEBECK TOWN BOARD WORKSHOP MEETING
Call to Order: 6:45PM
Spring egg hunt for children of all ages will be held on Saturday, March 31, beginning at 10 AM at the Recreation Center behind Starr library. Children should bring their own baskets.
Town hall and the highway garage will be closed on Good Friday, April 6th. The transfer station will be closed as usual on Friday.
17th Annual Spring Roadside Litter Clean-up Day will occur on Saturday, April 14 from 7a.m. to 12 noon. The transfer station will accept filled plastic bags from roadside pickup throughout the town and the highway department on Monday the 16th will pick up large objects left on the road when called into the department over the weekend.
The PANDA subcommittee of the Rhinebeck Arts and Culture Committee is seeking a volunteer broadcast journalist, with the skills and interest to produce and anchor a weekly local news program on PANDA. This program will cover the Rhinebeck and Red Hook communities. All interested persons should contact subcommittee chair Bill Nieves at email@example.com.
The Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy. Interested residents should contact deputy town clerk Joan Winne at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 876-3409.
The Town Board is seeking four Rhinebeck residents to form an ad hoc Committee to organize and produce this year’s Rhinecliff Waterfront Day. Please contact Board member Linda Souers at. LDSouers114@msn.com or 876-8202
The Recreation Committee is seeking a pool director for summer programs. For more details or an application form, please contact deputy town clerk
Joan Winne at email@example.com or 876-3409.
Public Hearing: 6:50 PM
Concerning a local law establishing standards and procedures for the highway superintendent to temporarily close a street for a community party or event.
1.. Adopting local law providing for temporary street closing..
2. Approving the proposal by AKRF to conduct traffic volume and speed studies in Rhinecliff and at the Village Center traffic light for a total not to exceed $12,000 and authorizing the Supervisor to sign the letter contract.
3. Accepting resignation of Duane Watson from the Arts&Culture Committee.
4. Approving the recommendation of the Recreation Committee to hire Karen Brodhead to serve as the 2007 Summer Camp Director at a Salary of $4,000.
5. Approving payment of $5,000 to Winnakee Land Trust for participation in drafting the successful proposal to the State Quality Communities Program, drafting and administering the contract, assisting Hudsonia in gaining access to identified properties for further biodiversity study, and authorizing the supervisor to sign the contract.
6. Reports from Town Board members on liaison assignments.