Please note new volunteer help wanted notices to produce a weekly local news program on PANDA, to organize this year’s Rhinecliff Waterfront Day, and to serve on the Waterfront Committee.
RHINEBECK TOWN BOARD BUSINESS MEETING
Preliminary Agenda 3/12/07
Call to Order: 5:00PM
* article 7 settlement discussion in Fried v. Town of Rhinebeck
* Baptist home in-lieu-of tax negotiation
* interview three candidates for the Board of Assessment Review
Return to public session: 6:45PM
Next Tuesday, March 13, from 2 PM to 9 PM the Rhinebeck Central School District will hold a referendum election to determine if it will be eligible to receive a $395,000 state grant and accompanying state building aid. The
poll is at the middle school cafeteria and is open to all Rhinebeck citizens who have resided in the town or village for thirty days or more.
The following Tuesday, March 20, from noon to 9PM, the Village of Rhinebeck will hold election for Mayor and Trustees. The poll is at Town Hall and will be open to all village residents who are registered to vote with the
Dutchess County Board of Elections.
Volunteer Help wanted:
NEW – The PANDA subcommittee of the Rhinebeck Arts and Culture Committee is seeking a volunteer broadcast journalist, with the skills and interest to produce and anchor a weekly local news program on PANDA. This program will
cover the Rhinebeck and Red Hook communities. All interested persons should contact subcommittee chair Bill Nieves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW – The Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy. Interested residents should contact deputy town clerk Joan Winne at email@example.com or 876-3409.
NEW – The Town Board is seeking four Rhinebeck residents to form an ad hoc Committee to organize and produce this year’s Rhinecliff Waterfront Day. Please contact Board member Linda Souers at. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recreation Committee is seeking a camp director, pool director, and lifeguards and counselors for summer programs. For more details or an application form, please contact deputy town clerk Joan Winne at
email@example.com or 876-3409.
1. Accepting with regret the resignation of Arnold Feinsilber from the Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee.
2. Approving the Request for Architectural Proposals for town hall renovation and authorizing Morris Associates to widely distribute the RFP among architectural firms and agencies that reach such firms.
3. Approving the proposal by AKRF to conduct a traffic safety study of and to identify remedial measures for Mt. Rutsen Road for $8,000 and authorizing the Supervisor to sign the contract.
4. Approving the proposal by AKRF to conduct traffic volume and speed studies in Rhinecliff and at the Village Center traffic light for a total not to exceed $10,000 and authorizing the Supervisor to sign the letter
5. Approving Rhinebeck’s participation in the five municipal consortium to retain the Buske Group to develop a strategic plan for negotiating a new contract with Time Warner on behalf of the towns of Red Hook and Rhinebeck
and the villages of Red Hook, Rhinebeck, and Tivoli and authorizing the supervisor to sign the $6350 contract, with Rhinebeck’s share at $1,386.00.
6. Approving a transfer of $1,386 from the Part Town contingency fund to the PANDA line, Cable Franchise Consultant.
7. Approving signage and storage for automated external defibrillators at Dave Wager Field and Stone Church Fields.
8.. Approving regular check disbursement list.
9. Approving Morris Associates proposal to begin mandated annual inspection and analysis of the stone church land fill.
10. Approving contract with Young Rhinebeck
11. Considering local law permitting street closing for a neighborhood party..
12. Considering Morris Associates Proposal to study and report onenvironmental issues at the closed town landfill on Stone Church Road.
13. Presentation by Waterfront Committee to explain the proposed project for a waterfront walkway.