Town Board Meeting in Rhincliff – Monday, October 16
Subject: Town Board meeting in Rhinecliff this Monday, October 16
The following announcements and action items will be included on the agenda
for the regular, monthly town Board business meeting this Monday, October
16, at 6:45PM at the Rhinecliff Fire House.
1. Openings on town committees and boards (please email back to request
* Town Planning Board vacancy for January appointment
* Committee on the Aging (will close applications next Friday,10-20)
* Waterfront Committee
2. The conference on improving how our schools, village and town work
together will be held at Rhinebeck High School on Saturday, November 18,
from 9-3. All residents will receive more details and a registration form
via regular mail within the next ten days. .
3. The general election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, from 6 to 9 PM.
The good news is that the County agreed to again use the Methodist Church
facility across from town hall for two election districts, instead of
cramming all five districts into town hall.
4. The Thompson-Mazarrella Park Committee will hold a public meeting on
Wednesday, October 18, at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall to update the
community on the progress of archeology studies and status of sports fields.
Representatives from the Recreation Committee, School District and Sports
leagues have been invited..
5. Part-time job openings:
* Gymnastics Instructor
* Openings for assistant Recreation program Basketball coaches and
assistants for the Winter Recreation Gymnastics program
(Please call Town Clerk, Barb Cunningham – 876-3409 – for more information
and an application)
6. Demolition of the Stone Church Barn was completed yesterday in 4 hours
with strong support from the town highway department, maintenance department
and the artistry of Jeff Decker’s heavy equipment operator, Kenny Bendix.
1. Authorizing further archeological study at the Thompson-Mazzarella Park
2. Appointing members to the Arts and Culture Committee
3. Awarding the successful bid to rebuild the Vanderburgh Cove Treatment
4. Several ministerial matters