Rhinebeck Town Board Workshop Meeting
September 25, 2006
The Rhinebeck Draft Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan is under review by the New York Department of State. Written comments on the Plan will be accepted by the State until October 20th. Further details are available in the town clerk’s office as are copies of the Plan for review
The Board of Assessment Review will meet in public session with town board member Dod Crane, Assessor Emery Ruger and assessor clerks Donna Van Voorhis and Kristin Simmons
on Tuesday, October 3rd at 7:00 pm in Town Hall to review the Board of Assessment Review process and explore improvements.
Applications for the new Arts&Culture Committee and the Committee on the Aging are still being accepted. They are available electronically or in hard copy by contacting the Town Clerk’s office at 876-3409.
1. Status report from Kerri Karvetski, chair of the Web site committee on upgrading the town/village Web site.
2. Authorizing Morris Associates to revise and re-bid the Fox Hollow Bridge project.
3. Authorizing Morris Associates to re-bid the Vanderburgh Cove Sewage Treatment Project
4. Approving resolution supporting grant application by Wilderstein Preservation to the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
5. Approving a special Town Board meeting on Thursday, October 5, to (a) receive the tentative 2007 Rhinebeck Town Budget and (b) to consider whether the town of Rhinebeck requires full time management and if so, the budgetary implications
6. Approving schedule for four town board workshops on the 2007 budget, to include:
public works, public services, land use oversight, and administration and contracts
7. Approving contract with Nikki Nielson of Shingebiss Associates for $3100 to prepare a State shared services grant application to conduct feasibility studies on improving functional cooperation among the schools, village and town.
8. Approving recommendation of the Open Space and Affordable Housing Committee to hire the firm of Phillips, Preiss and Shapiro to prepare the detailed open space and affordable housing implementation plan and authorizing the Committee co-chairs to negotiate a contract with the firm not to exceed $60,000.
10. Authorizing the supervisor to sign an easement with Ann Goodman of 72 Kelly Street to allow town highway department access for repairs to the Orchard Street retaining wall
11. Accepting Lynn Lown’s resignation from the Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee.
12. Authorizing the Supervisor to negotiate a proposed contract for 2007 with the Village Police Department.
13. Approving change in the eligibility date for senior citizen property tax exemption from March 31 of the applicant’s 65th year to December 31.
14. Appointing Donna Van Voorhis, currently the part-time, provisional Assessor’s Aid to the position of full-time, permanent Assessor’s Aid at the same hourly rate of $12.50 plus benefits, for 37.5 hours per week, effective today, September 25th
15. Accepting bids for 2007 Highway department materials per recommendation of the Superintendent.
16. Considering proposal for regular public reporting by town board members of activity town bodies and departments
17. Considering replacement of town clerk’s copy machine with a faster, higher capacity unit,