Rhinebeck Town Board Meeting Monday, July 24th, 6:45 PM
If you have an interest in the town doing more for the arts and culture and/or for senior citizens, please join us in public conversation and help decide these matters at Monday’s board meeting, beginning at 6:45 PM. We will also discuss preliminary results of archeological study at the Thompson-Mazzarella Park site and what options are now available to the town board.
The meeting will include but not be limited to the following items of interest:
1. Appointing Planning Board member Michael Trimble to serve as vice-chair of the Planning Board with full authority to act in the absence of the chair.
2. Authorizing Morris Associates to conduct environmental tests of the flattened land behind the town pool, once planned as a picnic area.
3. Presentation by Chris Lindner of his archeological findings, conclusions and recommendations for the Thompson-Mazzarella Park site.
4. Public discussion of town board options resulting from the archeological study conducted so far.
5. Public discussion on whether the town board should formally establish a Senior Citizens Committee to assess, oversee, advocate and facilitate any needed programs or services.
6. Public discussion on whether the town board should formally establish a committee to facilitate, sponsor, and coordinate arts and culture education, communication, exhibits, events, and other related activities.